Bechamel Sauce or White Sauce
Bechamel sauce is one of the five mothers sauces. Can be used as is our used by adding other ingredients.
- Butter 2 Tbsp.
- Flour, A.P. 2 Tbsp
- Milk, fresh 1-1/2 cups
- Pepper 2 pinches
- Salt 2 pinches
- Nutmeg, ground (optional) 1 pinch
- Melt butter in heavy sauce pan; add flour; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- (Do not brown)
- Add milk and pepper stir well, cook over medium heat , just until a boil; reduce heat; add salt and nutmeg.
- Note: if you are going to chill the sauce until later, cover with wax paper directly on the sauce.
- If you want a thinner sauce, add a little more milk.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/