Bean & Sausage Soup
Nice hearty soup!
- 2 pounds great northern beans
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 quarts water (or more if needed)
- 1 pound smoked sausage, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Presoak beans for faster cooking.
- Combine ingredients and cook in heavy pot over low heat until tender, at least 2 hrs.
- Mash with potato masher until beans blend into soup.
- Best served with warm corn bread.
- This recipe is perfect for crock-pots and slow cookers if cooking time is extended.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/