Barbecued Pork Kabobs
Pineapple, pork and peppers, WOW!
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1" cubes
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and split
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 3 medium green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1" squares
- 1 16-oz can pineapple chunks in juice
- Place pork cubes (1") in a nonmetal bowl.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and herbs, blend well, and pour over pork cubes. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or more, overnight if desired. Drain and reserve.
- Alternately thread pork cubes, peppers (1" square), and pineapple chunks on metal skewers. Brush with marinade and place on barbecue grill as far as possible over glowing coals. Broil, brushing with marinade and turning often, for 30 to 40 minutes.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/