Basic Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
You can make the basic or one of the 4 other dipping sauces made from the basic recipe!
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese,softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sour cream or Mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy.
Almond Fruit Dip
- Add 3 tablespoons finely chopped almonds and 1 1/2 teaspoons almond liqueur to the basic recipe. Garnish with 1 tablespoon finely chopped almonds, if desired.
Raspberry Fruit Dip
- Puree 1 cup sweetened raspberries (approx. 1 10-ounce package). Spoon half the basic recipe into a serving dish and smooth. Top with half the raspberry puree and smooth. Repeat.
- If you like this you might also want to try warm Very Berry Fondue. After all, what is fondue if not dip?
Lemon Fruit Dip
- Add zest of 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and 1 extra tablespoon sugar to the basic cream cheese fruit dip recipe.
Marshmallow Fruit Dip
- Add 1/2 cup marshmallow creme to the basic recipe.
- All recipes: Chill and serve with assorted fruit dippers such as bananas, grapes, kiwi, apple, pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, and papaya, cut into bite-size pieces, if necessary. Bagel bites are good, too. Makes 2 to 3 cups.
- Serve your Fruit Dips in a "fruit bowl". Cut an orange or grapefruit in half crosswise. Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each half so it sits flat. Carefully slice around the edge of the fruit; remove the fruit and the membrane. Spoon the dip into the shells and serve. Or, serve one and refrigerate the other one for later.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/