Bacon, Sausage Cheese Casserole
This is a great meal to wake the family too!
- 4 each white bread slices, cut into cubes
- 1/2 lb pork sausage, crumbled and cooked
- 6 slices bacon, diced, cooked crispy
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced sauteed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 each large eggs
- 1 cups milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch glass baking dish or a large black skillet with 2 inch sides.
- 2. Place bread in prepared dish. Top with bacon, onion, sausage and 3/4 cup cheese. Beat together eggs and next three ingredients. Season with pepper. Pour over sausage mixture.
- 3. Bake casserole for 15 minutes covered, uncover add 1/4 cup cheese, garnish with parsley, bake for 10 minutes or until the center is set.
- Note: Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Chill
- I prepared this dish in a black iron skillet for this photo. It works great. I made everything using just one dish Cooked the bacon,onions and sausage separately. added everything back to the iron skillet as the recipe about instructed.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/