Bacon Cheeseburger Upside-Down Pizza
This will soon become the family favorite!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, quartered, sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in bite-sized strips
- 6 bacon slices, crispy cooked and crumbled
- 14 1/2 ounces canned chunky pizza sauce
- 3 Italian plum tomatoes
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (6 slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bacon slices, crispy cooked and crumbled
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In large saucepan, brown ground beef with onion and bell pepper; drain. Stir in 6 slices crumbled bacon and pizza sauce. Spoon into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with tomatoes; top with cheese slices.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add milk and oil; mix well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour and salt; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour evenly over cheese slices. Sprinkle with 2 slices crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes or until topping is slightly puffed and deep golden brown.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/