Apple Orchard Pork Chops
Slow cooked pork chops with apples!!
- 6 pork loin chops, cut 1-1/2-inch thick
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/3 cup German-style mustard
- 3 apples, unpared, cored, and sliced 1/2-inch-thick
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil in large skillet. Brown pork chops over medium-high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine apple cider and mustard; pour over pork chops. Cover; cook over medium-low heat 45 minutes.
- Add apples, currants and green onions. Cover; cook 5-10 minutes longer.
- Place pork chops and apples on serving platter; keep warm. Gradually stir combined cornstarch and water into cider liquid. Cook and stir until thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops and apples.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/