Delightful apple salad! Made with whipped cream and Splenda
- apples, firm, sweet, 3/4 inch diced 2 ea
- Celery, thin slices 1/4 cup
- Salad dressing 1/4 cup
- Heavy cream, whipped 1/4 cup (before whipping)
- Splenda 3 Tbsp.
- Lemon juice, fresh 2 tbsp (1 lemon)
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Walnuts, coarsely chopped 1 cup
- Dice apples, place in cold water with a pinch of salt.
- Whip heavy cream, add sugar during whipping. Fold in salad dressing and lemon juice, add salt.
- Drain apples well, add celery to apples, toss, add dressing toss to coat apples well. Add 3/4 cup walnuts, toss lightly. Garnish with remaining walnuts.
- Option: use 1 cup cool whip in place of heavy cream and sugar. Grapes - Raisins - Marshmallows - kiwi, are also good additions.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/