Traditional Fettuccine Alfredo
I have some helpful tips that will help make this recipe great!
Let’s talk a minute before we start. The process that we use for making this dish is very important. We want the sauce to finish at or close to the time the noodles are ready.
** Get all your ingredients assembled first
** Start your water, bring to a boil
- Fresh pasta make the sauce, drop the noodles (2 -3 minutes)
- Dry noodles, start the noodles, prepare the sauce ( 12 - 15 minutes)
- Fettuccine noodles, dry 1 lb
- Salt 1 tsp
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Garlic, granulated or minced 2 tsp
- Heavy cream 2 cups
- Parmigiano cheese, block, grated 5 ounces (3 cups)
- Pepper, black or white (white-best) 1/4 tsp, or to taste
- Parsley, chopped, fresh or dry 1 tsp (optional
- Over med-high heat melt butter in a large high sided skillet. Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add heavy cream; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce reduces and thickens slightly. Remove from heat add grated Parmesan cheese and white pepper.
- Drain the noodles well add while still hot to the sauce ( not the sauce to the noodles). Toss well until evenly coated. Serve immediately
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/