Tostados with Pork
Always a popular dish!
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 8-ounce jar taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, 7-inch diameter
- 4 flour tortillas, 7-inch diameter
- 2 cups shredded lettuce (2 to 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
- 1 medium-size tomato, cut in thin wedges
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Additional taco sauce, optional
- In skillet, lightly brown ground pork and onion. Add taco sauce, salt and chili powder; cover and cook over low heat 15 minutes or until pork is done and flavors blended. Stir in ripe olives.
- For each tostado place a heated tortilla on a plate. Top with layer of lettuce, then hot pork mixture (about 2/3 cup). Sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Garnish with tomato wedges and dollop of sour cream. Serve with additional taco sauce, if desired.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/