TANGY BBQ BEEF SANDWICHES
Selecting the correct cut of meat is very important! This is a moist cooking method. The cut used for this recipe is a CHUCK SHOULDER POT ROAST BONELESS (photo below)
- 1 boneless beef chuck pot roast (arm, shoulder or blade) (2-1/2 lb)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz) beef broth
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- Rolls, split
- Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown beef pot roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add broth and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast; cool slightly. Skim fat; reserve cooking liquid. Shred pot roast with 2 forks.
- Combine beef and barbecue sauce in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, adding cooking liquid as needed to keep beef moist. Serve in rolls.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/