Spaghetti Sauce (American style)
merican style in the fact that it is cooked for a shorter period of time and uses canned tomato products, not inferior by no means !
- Ground beef 1 lb
- Onion, diced 1 small
- Olive oil or butter 2 tbsp.
- Basil leaves, 1 tsp
- Garlic, granulated 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Oregano, leaves 1/2 tsp.
- Crushed tomatoes 1 -26 oz can
- Tomato sauce 1 -15 oz can
- Tomato paste 1 -6 oz can
- Water 2 cups
- Brown beef, drain fat, saute onions in olive oil or butter until translucent.
- Add spices to mixture, let cook 1-2 minute.
- Add tomato products and water to onion mixture. Bring to just below boil, reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1-1/2 hours.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/