Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
In this recipe has you saute the meat and vegetables first. This step gives you so much flavor!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, or to taste
- In a shallow bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly coat the round steak pieces in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and sau