Savory Country Meatloaf
Who doesn't like a well prepared meatloaf.
- Ground beef 2 lbs
- Bread, slices 4 slices
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Oatmeal 1/2 cup
- Worcestershire sauce 1 Tbsp
- Onions, fine diced,slightly sauteed 1 cup
- Granulated garlic 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Eggs 3 each
- Break the bread into small pieces; pour milk over bread and mash into a wet meal.
- Add all ingredients in one bowl, mix until well incorporated.
- Place on a sheet pan; form into a uniform loaf.
- Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes or until done. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice and enjoy.
Note: You can place your favorite gravy over top. Such as
- Brown gravy
- Brown onion gravy
- County milk gravy
- Also many of my customers like a sweet topping of brown sugar and ketchup. Just combine 1/2 cup ketchup with 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 2 Tbsp of water. Cook for 2-3 minutes or microwave. Rub on top of cooked meatloaf, return to oven for 3-4 minutes.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/