Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
This will be a family favorite!
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup saltine crackers, crumbled
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces brown beef gravy
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- In medium bowl, combine first 8 (eight) ingredients, mixing lightly but thoroughly; shape into 4 oval 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place beef patties in skillet; cook 7 to 8 minutes or until no longer pink and juices run clear, turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- In same skillet, combine gravy ingredients (last 3 ingredients); cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Serve over Salisbury Steak.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/