This is Libby's recipe. Why mess with the best! This pie is easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy. Just mix, pour, bake for a delicious homemade tradition.
- 3/4 cup SUGAR
- 1 tsp GROUND CINNAMON
- 1/2 tsp SALT
- 1/2 tsp GROUND GINGER
- 1/4 tsp GROUND CLOVES
- 2 each EGGS
- 1 can(15 0z) LIBBY'S 100% PURE PUMPKIN
- 1 can (12 fl oz) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 each unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- 1 cont whip topping (optional)
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Top with whipped cream before serving.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoy