Pecan Cheesecake Squares
Each square of this scrumptious dessert boasts a layer of shortbread, a layer of tangy cheesecake, and a crunchy pecan pie layer in every bite! Shared from Facebook !
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans, divided
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the shortbread layer: In a medium bowl, combine flour and 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in 1/2 cup pecans. Press mixture evenly into bottom of a greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes; remove from oven, and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- For the cheesecake layer: Place the cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer outfitted with a paddle attachment, and beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in sugar. Add milk and 2 teaspoons vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cooled shortbread layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven and cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- For the pecan pie layer: In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar, corn syrup, and melted butter.
- Gently stir in the eggs, salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups pecans. Pour pecan mixture over cooled cheesecake layer.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes, or until center is set and pecan pie layer is a rich brown color.
Adapted from Southern Lady Magazine