Oriental Beef Steaks with noodles
A great oriental dish!
- 4 beef eye round steaks, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Vegetable oil
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, halved and sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 ounces cooked Chinese noodles, broken and drained
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Combine water, hoisin sauce and wine vinegar; reserve. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush skillet lightly with oil. Add cucumber, bell pepper and green onion; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in noodles, 1 tablespoon cilantro and half of reserved hoisin mixture. Remove to warm platter.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Panbroil beef eye round steaks 2 to 4 minutes, turning once. Do not overcook.
- Add remaining hoisin mixture to skillet, turning steaks to coat.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/