Great sauce for Italian dishes. Quick and easy!
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or butter
- 1 tsp Basil leaves,
- 1 tsp Garlic, granulated
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Oregano, leaves
- 1 -26 oz can Crushed tomatoes
- 1 -15 oz can Tomato sauce
- Saute onions in olive oil or butter until translucent.( about 5 minutes)
- Add spices to mixture, let cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato products and water to onion mixture. Bring to just below boil, reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1-1/2 hours.
- This recipe can also be made by adding 1-6 oz can of tomato paste and 1-1/2 to 2 cups of water.
- This is a very versatile sauce; you can make several different dishes with it.