Marinated Corn Salad
- 2 (12 oz.) cans white shoepeg corn, drained (or niblets)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, very finely chopped
- 2 (2 oz) jars pimiento, drained
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine first 5 ingredients; mix well. Combine remaining ingredients, blending well. Pour over vegetables. Refrigerate overnight. Drain some of the liquid off before serving.
- Serves 8 to 10. This was a big hit at a Church dinner.
- Shoepeg corn is a cultivar of white sweet corn valued for its sweetness. It is characterized by small, narrow kernels tightly and unevenly packed on the cob
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/