Maple Flavor Roasted Turkey
A great flavor that you will really enjoy!
- Turkey, thawed or fresh 12 lbs
- Apple cider vinegar 2 cups
- Real maple syrup 2 cups
- Lemon juice, zest 2 each
- Thyme leaves 1 tsp
- Salt & pepper To taste
- Butter, real 1 cup
- Celery, cut 3 inches 5-6 stalks
- Onion, cut in quarters 1 medium
- Chicken stock 2 cups
- Cook the apple cider and maple syrup over medium heat until it reduces down to a medium thick syrup. Stir in lemon juice, zest, thyme leaves, butter and season to taste with salt & pepper.. Chill in the refrigerator until needed.
- Place turkey on a rack, in a pan with at least 2 inch sides. Place celery and onions in turkey of cavity. Rub the turkey well with the maple glaze. Cook ½ hour uncovered. Place foil loosely over turkey, cook for about 2-1/2 hours or until the built-in thermometer pops up or quick-read thermometer reads 165°F. Let stand for 15-20 minutes before carving.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/