Macaroni & Cheese
Who doesn't like mac & cheese ?
- Macaroni noodles 8 oz
- Water, boiling 2 qts
- Salt 3/4 tsp.
- Vegetable oil (optional) 1 tbsp
- Butter 1-1/2 Tbsp.
- Flour, A.P. 1-1/2 Tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Pepper black 1/8 tsp.
- Dry mustard 1/4 tsp.
- Milk 2 cups
- Cheese, extra sharp, shredded, cheddar 8 oz
- Add salt, oil and noodles to boiling water. Cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a 2 qt sauce pan. Add flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard to melted butter, stirring well, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add milk to the flour-butter mixture slowly, stirring constantly with a wire whip. Cook until thick.
- Add cheese to sauce, saving out a ½ cup. Stir until cheese melts. Add the drained macaroni noodles and mix carefully. Preheat oven to 350 ° F
- Place in 9 x 9 baking dish, sprinkle the ½ cup cheese over top, bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown on top
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/