Linguine with Shrimp and Tomatoes
The rich tomato and garlic flavor with the shrimp, make this a delight!!
- 1 pound Linguine, Spaghetti or Thin Spaghetti, uncooked
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes in purée
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup Onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb medium, peeled and deveined, shrimp (41-60 count)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, sauté shrimp in butter, add oregano, parsley, basil and garlic. Cook only until shrimp turns pink. Remove shrimp and seasonings from pan.
- Sauté onions in olive oil, until translucent; add tomatoes and simmer 5 minutes. Add shrimp to the sauce and reduce heat to a low simmer and let cook 15 minutes.
- Heat tomatoes in a large saucepan until simmering. Simmer scallops in sauce for 2 minutes. Stir in the hot red pepper flakes, parsley, oregano and basil.
- When pasta is done, drain it well. Toss pasta with sauce, season with salt and pepper, top with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/