Try your hand at making a batch of homemade mayonnaise, it is so superior to store bought!
- Eggs yolks 2 ea
- Vinegar, white 1-1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Dry mustard 1/2 tsp
- Cayenne pepper, ground Pinch
- Salad oil 1-3/4 cup
- Vinegar, white 1 Tbsp
- Lemon juice(fresh if you have it) 1 Tbsp
- Whip eggs yolks with a electric mixer, until well beaten. Add vinegar, beat well. Add the salt, mustard, and cayenne, mix well.
- With beater on high, start pouring a very small amount of oil into the egg mixture. You can speed up the amount of oil as the oil starts to emulsify. When the mayonnaise gets thick , stir in a little vinegar.
- Add remaining oil and vinegar alternately, until smooth. Beat in lemon juice. Refrigerate until ready to use.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/