Garlic and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
This is a great stuffed mushroom!
- 16 ounces white button mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons basil oil, the seasoned olive oil of your choice, or plain olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¾ cup (1 1/2 ounces) Panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Vermont cheese powder, optional, for flavor
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Clean the mushrooms with a slightly damp paper towel and remove and discard the stems.
- Mix the oil, salt, and pepper, and toss the mushrooms with the blend. Place the mushrooms bottom-side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- In a small food processor combine the remaining ingredients and pulse until the garlic is finely chopped.
- Stuff each mushroom with the filling, packing it down to get as much as possible into each mushroom.
- Bake the mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes, until the bread crumb filling is golden. Remove them from the oven, and serve hot or warm.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/