Fresh Tomato sauce
This sauce is very bold and refreshing!
- Tomatoes, ripe, red 1-1/2 lbs (3 large tomatoes)
- Garlic cloves, peeled & minced 2 each
- Olive oil 3 Tbsp.
- Basil leaves, fresh, chopped 1/4 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp. or to taste
- Black pepper To taste
- Spaghetti noodles 1 lb
- Parmesan Cheese, whole grated at serving time As desired
- Peel tomatoes; remove seeds, straining juice into a bowl. Save the juice and discarding seeds. In a food processor, combine garlic, tomatoes with juice, olive oil, and basil. Pulse quickly to chop roughly.
- Transfer to a sauce pan, add salt and pepper, let stand 20 minutes.
- While sauce is marinating, cook noodles until just tender. Drain and toss hot.
- Warm sauce up (do not cook) toss with hot noodles. Grate cheese over each plated dish.
- Try to plan you time so the hot noodles and the warmed sauce are ready at the same time.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/