Fresh Strawberry Pie
Bring on the fresh strawberries, how delightful!
- Pie shell, from scratch or store bought 1 ea
- Strawberries, fresh, whole berries 1 qt
- Granulated sugar 1 cup
- Cornstarch 3 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice or fresh lemon 2 Tbsp
- Red food coloring As needed
- Whipped topping (Store bought or homemade)
- Bake pie shell and cool.
- Combine 1 cup crushed berries, sugar and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until clear, and then add the lemon juice, butter, and 3 to 4 drops of coloring. Stir well, and cool stirring now and then.
- Meanwhile, arrange remaining strawberries in the pie shell, placing the largest berries in the center and arranging the berries (pointing up) nicely to fill the shell. Berries may be heaped slightly.
- Beat the strawberry-cornstarch mixture thoroughly and pour over and around berries, allow the berries to stick up through the filling. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving Do not freeze
- Top with whipped topping, just before serving.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/