What a dish, has a bite, but a lot of flavor!!!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup snow peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups cooked white rice, optional
- In small bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch, orange peel and red pepper flakes until thoroughly mixed and cornstarch is dissolved. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and ginger; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add bell pepper and snow peas; stir-fry 1 minute until crisp-tender.
- Add shrimp and green onions; stir-fry until shrimp just turns pink, about 1 minute. Stir in reserved soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Serve over cooked rice, if desired.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/