Easy Crockpot lasagna
This recipe was shared with me by a facebook friend! Easy dish to make ahead with outstanding flavor.
- 1 lb GROUND BEEF
- 1/2 cup Onion, diced
- 1 tsp MINCED GARLIC
- 1 24 oz jar SPAGHETTI SAUCE
- 1/2 cup WATER
- 1 15 oz cont RICOTTA CHEESE
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE
- 1 whole EGG
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet brown beef and onion. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce and water and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, 2 Tablespoons Parmesan, egg and parsley.
- Pour 1 cup of spaghetti meat sauce into a 4 to 6 quart sized slow cooker. Place half of the noodles and half of the ricotta mixture on top of the sauce. Cover with 2 cups meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles (If the noodles don’t fit exactly break them to fit) and cheese mixture and meat sauce.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until noodles are soft. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of mozzarella and remaining parmesan. Cover with the lid to melt the cheese and let it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Do not overcook and don’t try to speed up the process by cooking it on high.
- *Works best with a 4 to 6 quart size slow cooker.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/