Dixie Bell Dressing
This dressing is almost a meal in itself!
- Sausage, pork, or turkey, lean 1 lb
- Ready-mix Cornbread stuffing (8 oz. each) 2 pkgs
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Onions, diced, medium 2 each
- Celery, diced 2 cups
- Water 1-1/4 cups
- Chicken base 2 tsp
- Parsley, fresh or parsley, dry 3 Tbsp
- Cut sausage in thick slices. Brown 5 minutes on each side in a medium-size frying pan, then break in small chunks. Cook 1 minute longer or until no pink remains. Remove with a slotted spoon and combine with dry stuffing mix in a large bowl. Drain fat from pan, discard.
- Melt butter in frypan; add onions and celery; saute until soft. Stir in water and chicken base; heat to boiling. Pour over sausage mixture; add parsley; toss lightly until evenly most
- Stuff in cavity of turkey or bake in a greased casserole dish for 20-25 minutes.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/