COWBOY STEAKS WITH RANCH BEANS AND SLAW
This recipe makes the complete meal!
FOR THE BEANS
- 2 slices bacon, thick-cut, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
FOR THE SLAW
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1 pound) package shredded cabbage/coleslaw mix
FOR THE STEAKS
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless beef strip steaks
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
TO PREPARE THE BEANS
- In medium saucepan, cook bacon over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes, stirring until brown and crisp.
- Add half the yellow pepper and half the red onion; saute 3 minutes, until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the beans, barbecue sauce and water; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cover, keep warm.
TO PREPARE THE SLAW
- Meanwhile, in serving bowl, whisk mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, poppy seeds, sugar, salt and pepper. Add coleslaw mix and remaining yellow pepper and red onion; toss.
TO PREPARE THE STEAKS
- In large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Rub steaks all over with chili powder. When oil is hot, add steaks; cook 2 minutes per side for medium-rare, 3 minutes per side for medium and 4-5 minutes per side for well-done.
- Serve steaks with beans and slaw.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/