Country Fried Pork Chops and Peppers
I like this dish served with dirty rice!!
- 4 Pork Chops (3/4-inch-thick boneless pork rib end steak)
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut in strips
- Pound pork to 1/4-inch thickness. Stir together the cornmeal, flour, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, pepper and cumin. Dip pork in water; allow excess water to drip off. Coat with cornmeal mixture on both sides.
- In large skillet heat olive oil. Cook pork over medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn over and add pepper strips to skillet. Cook 4 more minutes or until pork is nicely browned and just slightly pink in the center. Remove pork from skillet. Cook peppers 1-2 minutes more if necessary until tender. Serve pork with peppers.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/