Corn, Cheddar and Sun Dried Tomato Muffins
Alot of flavor in these muffins!!!!
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped rehydrated sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups warmed whole milk
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Add the cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and scallions and toss well.
- Whisk together the warm milk, melted butter, oil, and egg in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix together just until a soft dough forms. (Be careful not to overmix the dough.) Fill the prepared muffin cups to the rim with batter. Bake until the tops start to brown slightly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Remove to a rack and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/