How do you give someone a recipe for chef salad? There are so many ways to prepare them. I am going to give you the building blocks and let you have the fun!
- THE BASE
- Lettuce, Iceberg, romaine, mixed greens, spinach, etc. the darker the green the higher the antioxidants, vitamins and nutritional value.
- HE BODY
- This is your choice, cut all vegetable bite size, use fresh vegetables.
- Carrots Cucumbers Broccoli Tomatoes
- Onions Peppers Cauliflower Bean sprouts
- Red cabbage Apples Celery Strawberries
- THE TOPPING
- Pepperoni Diced grilled chicken Grilled steak
- Cooked diced pork Diced turkey
- Julienne luncheon meats(turkey, ham, salami, etc.)
- Hard-boiled eggs Bacon Raisins
- Nuts Sunflower seeds Croutons
- Diced cheeses Shredded cheese
- Have some fun and be creative, garnish well, wow! the family.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/