Cheesy Bacon Soup
Bacon & Cheddar cheese, who can beat it!
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup milk
- 14 1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Remove bacon from drippings. Add vegetables to bacon drippings and cook until tender.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper; stir well. Gradually stir in half-and-half, milk and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook until thickened and bubbly, stirring occasionally. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Top each serving with bacon.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/