Cashew Crunch Candies
A great candy for the holiday!
- Cashews, halves and pieces 2 cups
- Marichino cherries, drained, rinsed, diced 16 each
- Coconut, shredded 1/4 cup
- Melting chocolate 1 cup
- Shortening 1/2 tsp
- Imitation Mint flavoring 1/4 tsp
- Roast cashews in oven for 15 - 20 minutes, at 275°F, let cool, crush slightly , but not to small.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or double boiler, add shortening mix well. Remove from heat, add cherries, cashews, coconut and mint flavoring. Mix together well. Drop onto waxed paper using a teaspoon. Let stand for at least 2 hours.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/