Bishop's Buttermilk Biscuits
- Flour, AP 2 cups
- Salt 1 tsp
- Baking powder 1 Tbsp.
- ( if using self rising flour do not add salt and baking powder.)
- Sugar, powdered 1 Tbsp.
- Shortening 1/3 cup
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Butter, melted 1/4 cup
- Sift Together.
- Using 2 butter knives or pastry blender, cut the shortening into the flour until the shortening is pea size.
- Add buttermilk to flour mixture, mix by hand only until incorporated.
- Place dough on a well floured surface. Sprinkle flour on top of dough. Press dough out slightly; fold right over left, left over right, front over back , back over front. Turn dough over, tucking in any dough hanging out.
- Roll out ½ inch thick, cut with biscuit cutter or glass, place on buttered sheet pan.
- Bake at 425°F- 450°F for 6 minutes, remove from oven, brush with melted butter, place back in oven for 3 minutes, remove brush with butter, place back in oven for 3 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, brush with butter. ENJOY
- Note: Buttermilk! Buttermilk: If you do not have buttermilk, you can substitute with one cup of milk and 1 Tbsp. of vinegar. Let stand 5 minutes.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/