Bird Nest Salad
This salad is more a presentation than a specific set recipe.
- Baby Mixed lettuce 5 cups
- Shredded carrots, broccoli florets, diced As desired
- cukes, grape tomatoes, diced radishes, apples
- Eggs hard boiled, peeled, cut in half 3 whole
- Bacon bits, pecan pieces, croutons shredded cheese As desired
- 1.This is where the fun begins. Place 3/4 of the lettuce in the bottom of a bowl. Toss together your choice of vegetables, sprinkle them in a circle on the outer edge of the bowl. ( leaving a least a 3-4 inch circle empty in the center, hence the nest)
- 2. Place the remaining lettuce over the veggies, leaving the nest in the middle.
- 3. Place the 6 egg halves in the nest. Garnish the upper area of the nest with your choice of bacon, nuts and cheese.
- Note: allow your guest to select what they like from the bowl and use their choice of dressings.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/