Tender beef, fresh mushrooms and a rich sauce!
- Onions, julienne 2 cups
- Mushrooms, fresh, sliced 8 oz
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Salt & pepper pinch
- Beef , Top round steak 1-1/2 lbs
- Olive oil or veg oil 1 Tbsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Thyme 1/8 tsp
- Garlic, granulated 1-1/4 tsp
- Flour, A.P. 2 tbsp
- Water, hot 1-1/2 cups
- Beef base 2 tbsp
- Beef Stock, canned 12 oz
- Sour cream 1/2 cup
- Saute onions in butter for about 2 minutes; add mushroom and saute for 1 minute. Add a pinch of salt & pepper during cooking.
- Remove onions and mushrooms from pan.
- Saute beef in olive oil until the pink color leaves the meat. Add the herbs and spices, stir well; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour to beef, stir well, add the beef stock to beef; stir well, Bring to a boil; then reduce to a simmer.
- In a one quart bowl temper sour cream , add to beef dish, add mushrooms and onions. Simmer