Homemade lasagna, very moist and flavorful
- Lean ground beef 1 lbs
- Garlic, salt, pepper and basil 1/4 tsp each
- Ricotta cheese or cottage cheese 2 cups
- Mozzarella cheese 1 cup
- Eggs 2 each
- Garlic, salt 1/4 tsp each
- Parsley flakes (optional) 1 Tbsp.
Other ingredients needed
- 1 box lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 batch of hot marinara sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Onion, diced 1 small
- Olive oil or butter 2 tbsp
- 1. Saute onions in olive oil or butter until translucent.( about 5 minutes)
- Basil leaves, 1 tsp
- Garlic, granulated 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Oregano, leaves 1/2 tsp
- Crushed tomatoes 1 -26 oz can
- Tomato sauce 1 -15 oz can
- Tomato paste 1 -6 oz can
- Water 2 cups
- Brown of beef, drain off fat, add spices, cook 1 minute, set aside for assembling.
- Mix together well with a spoon or hand whip.
- Place 1 ladle of sauce in the bottom of the dish, spread evenly.
- Place a layer of noodles over sauce. Place 1/3 of cheese filling over noodles. Sprinkle 1/3 of beef over noodles. Pour 2 ladles of sauce over noodles. Spread evenly with spatula. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese over sauce.
- Repeat this process two more time.
- Place a layer of noodles over 3rd layer. Place 3 ladles of sauce over noodles. Spread remaining shredded cheese over sauce. Sprinkle lightly with parsley if desired.
- Wrap the lasagna 1st with clear wrap, then aluminum foil.
- Place a drip pan under dish. Bake for 1 hour at 350 F
- Remove foil and clear wrap. Let bake for 5 -10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let stand 15- 20 minutes to firm. Cut 3 x5. Enjoy
- Marinara sauce
- Add spices to mixture, let cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato products and water to onion mixture. Bring to just below boil, reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes to 1-1/2 hours.
- Equipment needed: 1 - 8" x 11-1/2"