Barbecue Pulled Chicken
Savory BBQ pulled chicken sandwiches!
- 1 (8-ounce) can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Stir tomato sauce, chiles, vinegar, honey, paprika, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, ground chipotle, and salt in a 6-quart slow cooker until smooth.
- Add chicken, onion, and garlic; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the chicken can be pulled apart, about 5 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred with a fork. Return the chicken to the sauce, stir well and serve.
- Get the grilled buns ready!
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/