Baked Stuffed Tomatoes
Try this with some local large tomatoes!
- 3 large ripe Florida tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt, approximately
- 2 large cloves Florida garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup Florida green onions, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fine bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut the tomatoes in half, seed, and press out the juices, but do not mash. Sprinkle the halves with salt, then turn upside down on a wire cooling rack and let them drain for 10 minutes.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, except the oil, to make the stuffing. Fill the tomato halves with stuffing, and sprinkle with olive oil. Place in a prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until crumbs are a little brown, but tomatoes are not too soft.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/