Baked potato soup
A baked potato made into a soup, WOW!
- 4 large potatoes
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 1/2 quarts milk
- salt and pepper
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 5 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake the potatoes until for tender.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Slowly blend in flour with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Gradually add milk to the butter-flour mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in salt and pepper and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cut potatoes in half, scoop out the meat and set aside. Chop half the potato peels and discard the remainder.
- When milk mixture is very hot, whisk in potato. Add green onion and potato peels. Whisk well, add sour cream and crumbled bacon. Heat thoroughly. Add cheese a little at a time until it is all melted in. Serve with crusty French Bread and fresh butter.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/