Baked Ham with Waldorf Sauce
Company's coming, let's cook a ham!
- 1 4 pound smoked boneless ham
- 2 cups apple juice or apple cider
- 1 stick cinnamon (2 inches)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place ham on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake in a 325ºF oven for about 1-1 1/2 hours or until meat thermometer registers 140ºF.
- In a small saucepan combine apple juice and cinnamon; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Remove cinnamon. In a skillet cook celery in butter until tender but not brown. Stir in apple juice, chopped apple, walnuts, raisins and brown sugar; cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water; stir into the apple mixture. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Serve with ham.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/