Baked Brisket Of Beef
This is about a 6 hour project, but worth the time!
- 7 pounds brisket
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Brown meat under broiler on both sides.
- Combine water, ketchup, onions, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, paprika, and red pepper. Pour over beef in roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, for 4 to 5 hours at 325F. Check to see if done after 3 1/2 hours. Bake only until meat is tender. Check occasionally to see that liquid is still there, adding if necessary.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/