This is a slow cooking method, but worth the wait!!
- 1 pound dry navy beans
- 8 cups cold water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound salt pork, diced
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Rinse beans and soak overnight.
- 2. Drain water and add 8 cups water to beans. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until beans are tender. Drain beans and reserve liquid.
- 3. In crockpot combine drained beans, onion, and salt pork. Add 1 cup drained bean liquid, molasses, brown sugar, dry mustard, pepper, and salt.
- 4. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 5-6 hours. Stir before serving.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/