Amish Potato Salad
If you like potato salad, you'll love this recipe!
- Potatoes 6 Medium
- Onion, fine diced 1 small
- Celery, fine diced 1 cup
- Celery seed 1/2 tsp.
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Boiled eggs diced 5 each
- Eggs, well beaten 2 each
- Sugar or splenda 3/4 cup
- Cornstarch 1 tsp.
- Apple cider vinegar 1/3 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Yellow mustard 1 tsp.
- Butter softened 3 Tbsp.
- Mayonnaise 1 cup
- Peel and dice potatoes, cook and chill. Add above ingredients on top of potatoes, do not stir.
- Combine above ingredients, cook until thickened and smooth.
- Add butter. Cover the egg mixture only, with wax paper or clear wrap, chill for 20-25 minutes.
- Blend mayonnaise with cooked egg mixture, chill.
- Place chilled mayonnaise base over potatoes, mix gently, only until mixed. Garnished as desired.
- 3 oz cooked bacon may be added in step 5.
- 1 Tbsp. Dry ranch dressing mix may be added in step 4.
- ½ cup sour cream may be substituted for ½ of the mayonnaise.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/