Amish Oven Fried Chicken
This chicken has a crispy crust like fried!
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 7/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 4 chicken pieces
- Place oil and butter in a shallow cooking pan and place in 375ºF oven to melt butter, set aside.
- In a large paper sack, combine dry ingredients.
- Roll the chicken pieces, 3 at a time, in butter and oil then drop into a sack and shake to cover.
- Place on a plate until all pieces are coated.
- Leave any excess butter and oil in pan.
- Place chicken in the pan skin side down (or its just as good if you remove all the skin first).
- Bake at 375ºF for 45 minutes.
- Turn chicken pieces over and ba