Great tasting appetizer!
- 1 1/4 cups whole natural almonds
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Spread almonds in a single layer in shallow pan. Bake at 300F, 15 minutes, stirring often, until almonds just begin to turn color. Combine cream cheese (let soften first) and mayonnaise; mix well. Add bacon, onion, dill and pepper; mix well. Cover and chill overnight.
- To serve, Form cheese mixture into shapes of 2 pinecones on serving platter. Beginning at narrow end, press almonds at slight angle into cheese mixture in rows. Continue overlapping rows until all cheese is covered. Garnish with artificial pine sprigs. Serve with crackers.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/