Walnut Frosties Cookies)
The center is filled with cream cheese!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1 egg well beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat well. Sift in the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended.
- In small bowl, mix filling ingredients together and set aside. Drop pastry by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Make well in each cookie with your thumb and add a scant teaspoon of filling to each. The cookies will flatten as they bake.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until they are lightly
- browned. Cool cookies on wire racks.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/